There are so many different ways to enjoy raw cacao, and one of the best, most tried and true ways is to add it to a smoothie or shake.
The recipe below, ‘Chocolate Party,’ was hand-crafted by raw nutritionist Salome Torres of the website www.SalomeTorres.com, and is featured in our best-selling Amazon Kindle book ‘Raw Chocolate Revolution: Recipes for Your Healthy Chocolate Fix.’
This recipe includes anti-inflammatory spices like turmeric and cinnamon, along with a special bonus for immune health, and all sorts of other good stuff. I’ll just let Salome explain it, read below and check out the video of her doing her thing with the VitaMix blender. Enjoy!:
Chocolate cravings can have different meanings; one of them is that your body needs magnesium! Magnesium is good for our heart and helps our muscles relax. Most people have a magnesium deficiency, so make sure to add magnesium to your diet.
Another reason why we crave chocolate is because we need love; chocolate is metabolized to serotonin, a hormone that boosts our mood in those cases it might be better to go for a walk, water your plants, spend time with a friend. Hope you enjoy it and may all beings be happy and have access to nourishing foods.
“This recipe is delicious…”
– 2 bananas (use one frozen)
– 2 to 3 tbsp organic raw cacao (I prefer the Joyfuel Brand which comes from a rare type of cacao bean and tastes whole and authentic)
– 1/2 tsp cinnammon (optional)
– pinch of turmeric (optional)
– 1 tbsp chaga mushroom powder (optional)
– 1 cup to 1 1/2 cup almond milk
– 1/4 avocado
– sweetner of your choice
– protein powder (optional)
– See more at Salome’s website by clicking here. Thanks for reading!