Shelly Cooper’s story will sound familiar to many. Overweight for most of her life, she went through a row of fad diets that promised quick results but did not deliver. In between diets that failed, she always fell back on a conventional American diet.
During her two pregnancies she developed gestational diabetes, and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes few years later. Her doctor prescribed her a variety of diabetes drugs, but all of them made her feel ill every day, and she finally had enough.
“After feeling unwell for so long, I refused to take any more medication. I told my doctor I was going to try and cure my diabetes through diet,” Shelly writes for Forks Over Knives.
“He laughed at me,” she added.
But that did not stop her from trying the natural route and succeeding. She never went back to her doctor, instead switching to a plant-based diet with a lot of raw vegetables and fruits.
She followed advice from the Forks Over Knives documentary, and from plant-based physicians such as Dr. John McDougall from Santa Rosa, California and Dr. T. Colin Campbell from New York state (both have written book on nutrition such as “Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition” and “The McDougall Program: 12 Days to Dynamic Health).
The results were amazing.
Shelly reports that in her 50s she feels better than in her 30s; she has more energy than ever; she lost weight; and most importantly, her A1C level (level of blood sugar) is back to normal — her diabetes had vanished as well!
She is not the only one who successfully reversed type 2 diabetes (as well as other diseases) with a proper diet. Forks Over Knives has collected dozens of success stories from ordinary people.
If you want to reverse diabetes naturally, here are few tips that may be able to help.
Tips on Reversing Diabetes Naturally
According to wellness physician Dr. Josh Axe type 2 diabetes is completely reversible, and can be done so in under 30 days.
Type 1 diabetes can also be greatly improved. To improve type 1 diabetes, which is an autoimmune disorder, the following is advised:
– Detoxify from heavy metals and to get rid of viruses
– Avoid GMO foods, wheat, cow’s milk, and soy
– Heal leaky gut and autoimmune issues
To reverse type 2 diabetes, which is a metabolic disorder causes by high blood sugar levels, it is recommended to do the following:
– Avoid refined sugars, grains (especially gluten), non-RAW cows’s milk, alcohol; GMOs corn, soy, and canola.
– Get rid of hydrogenated oils (vegetable, soybean, cottonseed, and canola oils), which are a source of highly dangerous trans fats
– Include high fiber foods into your diets: vegetables, seeds, nuts, berries, and avocados.
– Eat foods rich in chromium, such as RAW cheese, broccoli, green beans, and grass-fed beef.
– Incorporate coconut oil into your diet, as it helps balance blood sugar levels.
– Choose low glycemic foods. Vegetables, seeds and nuts, avocados, coconut, organic meat and eggs, RAW dairy, as well as wild-caught fish are all low-glycemic.
– Exercise daily. A 20-30 minute walk after a meal every day, and 20-40 minutes of cardio training 3-5 days a week has been shown beneficial.
And if you are at risk for diabetes, here is some advice on how to prevent it.
– Eat a variety of organic vegetables of fruits of every color, because all of them will have different nutrients and plant-rich diet has been shown to be a great preventative.
– Avoid plastics because some chemicals in them, such as phthalates, which have been linked with an increased diabetes risk. These chemicals are also found in beauty products. Avoid products that contain “fragrance.”
– Do yoga. A study in India found that people who did yoga had stable blood sugar levels.
– Get plenty of sleep. Studies show that a person’s blood sugar level jumps about 23% after a night of poor sleep.
– Take care of your emotional well-being. Depression and diabetes commonly go hand in hand.
Discover the Shocking TRUTH About The Fastest-Growing Global Killer – Diabetes and Obesity – And Exactly What You Can Do Today To Prevent and Reverse It In This FREE 9-Part Docuseries. Sign up to Watch NOW.