Guest Post by Henna Clark
We all are familiar with this word, and most probably, we all know that it is caused due to high blood sugar levels and metabolic imbalance.
Insulin, naturally produced by our body, works to transfer the sugars from our blood to our cells, but during this condition, our body isn’t able to make enough insulin to function properly, and even if it does, it doesn’t get used by the body.
The condition leads to untreated high blood sugars, which gradually damage the eyes, nerves, kidney, liver, and other organs.
The most common types of diabetes are:
- Autoimmune disease – Insulin develops in our Pancreas, and under this condition, the immune system starts working against it and keeps attacking it until it’s totally destroyed.
- Insulin resistance – This can be really dangerous as the body becomes resistant to insulin, so the sugar starts building up, and that leads to diabetes and in extreme conditions, even organ failure.
What are some general symptoms of diabetes?
- Feeling thirsty and hungry too often
- Weight loss
- Increased and frequent urge to urinate
- Slow-healing wounds
- Tiredness and blurry vision
- Erectile dysfunction in men
You can be on the borderline if you have these:
- Overweight or lack of physical activity
- High blood pressure and cholesterol
- Hereditary diabetic history
Some easy tips to control diabetes naturally
You don’t need to be in your 40s to have this; due to extremely hectic lifestyles, stress and poor diets, our health is continually at risk. One of the most important on the list is Holy Basil tea which we will get to a bit later.
Here are a few foods and herbs that will only take a minute or two and definitely help you to cope with symptoms of diabetes at your ease.
- Aloe Vera- Consuming aloe juice can help regulate blood sugar levels and help with soothing the internal organs as well. It works amazingly for healing the digestive tract as well.
- Cinnamon tea- The best part about this is that it increases insulin sensitivity, so your body can come back to its track and start absorbing sugars. Tea definitely lightens our mood and having this combination can make it better. You’ll feel energized, and your blood sugars will stay under control (make sure you buy true cinnamon, aka Ceylon cinnamon, and buy organic whenever possible).
- Fenugreek- We know about it as a kitchen ingredient, but surprisingly it can control your diabetes as well, by slowing down the whole digestion process, it gives our body enough time to absorb carbohydrates and sugars, so the sugar doesn’t accumulate in our blood and stays managed.
- Coconut milk- The fat content is really low and so are the calories but it can definitely soothe your stomach and help to manage your natural sugar levels, it is slightly sweet so you can add it in your soups as well, to make it a little thicker and taste a little creamier.
- Ginger- Rich in gingerols, this naturally increases the cell’s capacity to hold glucose without the need for insulin, therefore helping the diabetic patients to keep their blood sugar in check without making any extra efforts.
- Holy basil- The benefits of Holy basil leaves are numerous, and it is popularly known as ‘Queen of herbs’. It is a magical tonic for not just your body but your mind as well.
- Different people recommend different ways to use it, but actually, it is really safe to be consumed by any person at any age. It also has been found to have the ability to remove fluoride from the human body, believe it or not.
Some interesting facts you didn’t know about Holy Basil
It has an element that works as an adaptogen, which means it helps your body to adapt to the stress and calm itself gradually. This leads to a mental and emotional balance.
It can make you control your caffeine urge.
It is an excellent detoxifying agent and can help flush out the toxins from your body.
- It is a natural analgesic (painkiller).
- It has antibacterial properties and can even help to reduce internal infections as well as acne.
How to use Basil for controlling diabetes
There are multiple ways to use basil leaves:
- Chew some basil leaves, and you’ll get all the goodness straight from it.
- Make some tulsi tea, add a few leaves while you’re boiling the water, and prepare your tea as usual.
- Use it as an herb to garnish on your favorite food.
- Use the seeds in your favorite soup.
These remedies are rich in antioxidant properties and can protect your body from toxins.
Make sure to drink a lot of water, have a fiber-rich diet, and don’t forget to control your carbohydrate intake. Exercise regularly or walk for at least 30 minutes, practice yoga (the best exercise for better breathing and stress relief; yin yoga is a great place to start if your new as the movements are simple and relaxing), and make these a part of your lifestyle routine, it takes a little, but the results will be great.
Henna is a wellness lifestyle writer. She loves sharing her thoughts and personal experiences related to natural remedies, Ayurvedic, yoga and fitness through her writing.
She currently writes for How To Cure. She can connect with others experiencing health concerns and help them through their recovery journeys through natural remedies.
This article and other sites on it are not intended to treat, prevent, cure or diagnose any diseases. Consult your doctor before adding these or other changes to your diet or exercise routine.
A Message From the Founder
Do you want to heal your chronic digestive and autoimmune issues naturally, but don't know where to begin aside from removing GMOs from your diet and buying organic?
If so, you may want to check out the THRIVE Lifestyle Academy, an AltHealthWORKS approved diet, exercise, mindset, and lifestyle program that takes the guesswork out of getting, and mostly importantly, staying, healthy for life.
Created by Derek Henry, who overcame 13 different chronic disease conditions thanks in large part to over 3,500 hours of research (watch a short video on his story here), this program is suitable for anyone who wants to transform their digestive health while living a fast-paced modern lifestyle. Like myself, healing his digestive issues (gas, bloating, Crohn's like symptoms) was the gateway to a healthy life for Derek.
Become a member and you'll get a 60-day nutrition jump-start, easy access to the THRIVE Online Health Desk for expert one-on-one support (optional), and a simple eight-part plan ideal for people who enjoy being taught what to do, not told what to do.
Click the button below to take advantage of a special discount for AltHealthWORKS readers, as well as a free 21-day trial to help start your journey.