Over my roughly 15 years as a health researcher and blogger, few items have captured my attention in the natural world quite like mushrooms.
Mushrooms aren’t consumed as often as most members of the plant and animal kingdom, but the health benefits they offer are extraordinary.
Recently, I got the opportunity to try a collection of organic mushroom syrups from the company Toadstool Labs, and came away incredibly impressed by both the ingredients and the efficacy of these formulas.
Toadstool Labs Syrups: Pros and Cons
After trying all four varieties of mushroom syrups that I was sent by the company, I came up with the following list of pros and cons.
The four syrups I tried were as following:
Lions Mane- Designed for focusing and rebuilding your overall and mental health.
Chaga, Reishi, Turkey Tail- Designed for ‘Total Immune Support.’
Reishi- Designed to feel ‘Peaceful and Protected.’
Chaga- Super antioxidant
1. Thick, Syrupy, Medicinal Composition- These syrups are incredibly robust and delicious if you like the taste of honey and mushrooms. Each syrup includes organic honey as well as herbs like organic ginger and rose hips. You can tell right off the bat how medicinal these blends are from Toadstool Labs.
2. Great Taste- Each tincture contained a perfect blend of sweetness and Earthiness. These are the best tasting medicinal mushroom tinctures I’ve had in a long time. They go well when mixed into coffee or other drinks.
3. Excellent Variety- I love how there are four distinct syrup blends and each contains a thoughtful and well-executed mixture of health-giving medicinal mushrooms. I especially loved the Chaga blends as Chaga is excellent for heart health, and immunity, and rich in potassium which my body typically seems to crave.
4. Highly Concentrated and Certified Organic- If you’re looking for quality and highly concentrated, medicinal ingredients, you’ll be hard-pressed to find anything better than Toadstool Labs. These supplements are the Rolls Royce of mushroom tinctures and syrups.
1. Relatively Small Size for the Price- While these blends are incredible, versatile, and made me feel amazing, the size of the product is a bit small for the price (4 ounce and 6 ounce sizes are available by clicking on the company’s website here).
I would also like to see the company provide more options like mushroom teas and capsules so customers can enjoy the benefits over a longer period of time.
I personally consumed all four mushroom syrups rather quickly, in large part because of how good they made me feel.
In a perfect world, I would have these in my medicine cabinet every single day of the year.
Special thanks to Toadstool Labs for providing me with these samples for editorial purposes.